Scope of Service Experience
Achieved professional with years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, specializing in leasing of commercial centers, consulting and account receivables management. With established business relations with national, regional and local retailers enables us to be fully knowledgeable of commercial centers leasing procedures for permanent and ancillary agreements, Year End Reconciliation auditing and legal procedures.
Background & Experience
Space Mart Retail and Real Estate Solutions
May 2010 - Present
President and Founder
• Executed exclusivity representation agreements with tenants and landlords.
• Developed and executed business plans for tenants and landlords.
• Developed and executed marketing plans for tenants and landlords.
• Consulting for tenants and landlords on business plans, marketing and new business development.
• Executed landlord representation agreements.
• Executed commercial center management and accounts receivables management agreements.
• Responsible of New Business Development.
• Negotiated renewals and rent reductions for tenants and landlords.
• Presented commercial, office and industrial spaces to potential prospects.
Developers Diversified Realty, Bayamon, Puerto Rico
January 2008-May 2010
• Responsible for collection procedures via analysis and leasing renewals, of the Puerto Rico portfolio consisting of 15 commercial centers and 4,928,613 sq ft. with both local and national tenants.
• Promptly responded to leasing inquiries of prospective tenants with consistent follow-up.
• Negotiated renewals for the Leasing and Specialty Leasing Departments.
• Presented commercial spaces to prospective tenants.
• Maintained a contact and database with all lease terms and clauses.
• Ensured accuracy and compliance on executed agreements and documentation pertaining leases.
• Perform collections efforts focusing on 120+ day delinquency and monthly arrears.
• Coordinated with outside legal counsel when necessary to protect the company’s interest.
• Represented the company on collection and eviction court hearings.
• Negotiated settlements on behalf of the company on court proceedings.
• Assumed initiative on additional responsibilities and performed special projects of other departments.
Professional Associations & Designations
• Puerto Rico Licensed Real Estate Broker
• Puerto Rico Licensed Real Estate Instructor
• Florida Licensed Real Estate Broker
• Member of the International Council of Shopping Center (ICSC)
• Speaker on ICSC Recon Las Vegas 2012, Commercial Real Estate Convention: Collections: How to maximize your center’s value and complement with leasing.
• Author of Business Publication: The Art of Collection and The Leasing Deal by: Arnaldo Oliveras Fernandez. To be published by: Harper Collins/Apple IBooks 1.3.1
• ICSC Caribbean Conference Panel Moderator 2014
• ICSC Caribbean Conference Panel Moderator 2013
• ICSC Puerto Rico Regional State Director 2011-Present
• ICSC Puerto Rico State Director 2009-2010
• El Nuevo Día: Magnet for Multinationals January 2012
• Caribbean Business: Shopping Center Magmt. July 2011
• El Nuevo Dia: Space Mart: Premiere Services
for Commercial Centers and Tenants May 2011
• Caribbean Business: Real Estate Show Case April 2011
• Caribbean Business: People to Watch March 2011
• Caribbean Business: Companies in Motion January 2011
• Caribbean Business: Influential Business Man November 2011
• Caribbean Business: 40 under 40 2010